In an overland Defender, storage space is scarce – and unobtrusive storage space even more so! The Nakatanenga Footwell Safe for the footwell of the Defender 90/110/130 creates “invisible” storage space for money, passports, compact cameras, medicines, small appliances and much more.
The footwell safe replaces the original base plate and is attached using the existing fitting ponts. It is made of stainless steel and powder coated black. This makes it ideal for the harsh environmental conditions it might come up against because of its position. The compartment can not be seen through the carpet above. The footwell compartment is supplied with regular cylinder locks as well as with control cabinet locks, which can be installed as desired. The Footwell safe is available either for the right or left side of the vehicle, although the right option is to order (UK driver’s side)
- Designed for Defender TD4 (ie from 2007) however versions for TD5 / TDi (1994-2006) are in the pipe line
- The boxes are made of 1.5mm stainless steel
- The usable storage space is 263mm long, between 250mm (down) and 295mm (up) wide and about 100mm high
- When the lid is closed, the storage compartment is dust and waterproof to IP54 standard
- The footwell safe can be used together with most additional tanks, in case of doubt please ask or measure
- The boxes are made in Germany and finished with a durable matt black powder coating