Defender Rear Door Stay
The new improved version of our Defender rear door stay features an intelligent strut which allows the door to open slowly and stop gently.
This is to replace the original fitting with a gas strut with a Soft-Stop function to keep the door open even when parked on a slope.
The damper works reliably even with a single pivot spare wheel carrier mounted to the rear cross member.
The improvements made to the new version are
- All accessories are now made from stainless steel
- The chassis mounting bracket has been redesigned
- It has swivel ends to minimise problems in fitting
- The gas strut has an improved seal for use in dusty environments and a soft-stop function
- Fitting instructions are enclosed